Trinidad and Tobago has exported its fresh produce to its regional neighbours as well as internationally to the United States of America, Canada and the European Union countries mainly the United Kingdom. Trade liberalization has greatly accelerated the volume of traded agricultural products in recent decades and a wide range of products is exported from Trinidad and Tobago to various markets.
The Corporation facilitates a range of services along the value chain for the exportation of fresh produce. We can provide guidance for any agri-entrepreneur interested in exporting.
Business Facilitation Services:
- We provide advice on the steps and documentation required for the exporting process and the requirements for entry into the importing market that you are interested in.
- We provide linkages to fresh produce buyers in regional and international markets.
- Access to TradeStatistics on the various ports of entry e.g. we can indicate the landing price of hot peppers in the Miami and New York Terminal Markets. https://www.marketnews.usda.gov/mnp/fv-home
- Linkages to support mechanisms such as freight forwarders, airlines, brokerage and other agencies for support.
Procurement and Packing Services:
- Assistance with sourcing of fresh produce from farmers on the Farm Certification and Monitoring Programme.
- Package, grade and sort fresh produce for export at the Piarco Packing House.